This is actually the very first “beauty” post I’ve done on my blog (bear with me!).
With summer in full swing, I wanted to go through my summer makeup bag and share with you some of my favorite products that I’m wearing; I even wear some of these products year round. For those of you in law enforcement or in the military, you’ll see that all of these products can be used daily.
- L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Powder in Neutral // I’m wearing N4 buff beige. Honestly, this is my favorite powder that I’ve ever used; it is non-cakey and feels as though nothing is on your skin. It was actually given to me by a friend a few years ago. It matches skin tone and comes in a variety of shades.
- Sally Hansen Skin Firming Line Minimizing Pressed Powder in Nude // This is a little difficult to find in stores, so I linked back to Amazon; it’s $19.95. This powder does firm up the face (or at least it feels like it!) and also is non-cakey. I normally put it under/around my eyes because it does a good job of hiding those dark circles.
- e.l.f. Illuminating Palette // This palette has four shades. I haven’t tried it out yet, however I’m excited to see what it looks like.
- Merle Norman Cosmetics Dual Performing Eyeshadow in Cashmere // For the life of me, I can’t find the exact eyeshadow online. This is similar in Almond. What’s funny is I don’t use this as eyeshadow; I blend it with the Sally Hansen powder and I put it under my eyes.
- Clinique Sheer Powder Blusher in 19 Sugar Plum // This actually came in a set; unfortunately, I can’t find the exact blush but this is similar in Plum Gorgeous. This is a perfect shade for any season; it’s subtle yet provides a pretty pop of color to your skin.
- Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette // These are beautiful shades that range from a pale pink (Strange) or rose (Limit) to shimmery shades (Trick or Buzz) meant for a summer night out on the town. What I love about this palette is that it can be used for fall as well.
- Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black // I’ve been wearing this mascara for years now (who hasn’t?!) and it’s in my summer bag, however I’m looking to find another mascara this summer because I want to try something new. My favorite mascara I’ve ever used is Covergirl LashBlast Volume Mascara; I need a tube of this again!
- I’m using a few off brand eyeliners; one in black and one in brown — I’ve worn these so much the labeling is completely faded. I’m looking to purchase new eyeliner for summer.
- e.l.f. Highlighting Brush // I’ve yet to use this, however I like the feel of it; It feels durable and the bristles is taklon.
- bareMinerals Maximum Coverage Concealor Brush // Hands down this is the best brush.
If you haven’t noticed I have no products listed for the lips and that’s because I’ve yet to find a shade that’s right for summer — Do I want nude lips? A perfect shade of red? Rose? I’m still on the hunt!
What’s in your summer makeup bag?